Bringing water to rural Africans in need
We began our service in 2008 by funding 12 wells in Ethiopia. After a number of projects in Sierra Leone, we expanded our work to Uganda and Tanzania. Our water projects are located largely in rural, agrarian communities, located centrally to area farms, providing clean, safe water to hundreds of people in a region.
As we bring our first decade to a close, we have funded more than 975 water projects in four countries, bringing clean, safe water to 525,000 people.
Our water projects
Click on this map for a searchable database of our projects and their coordinates.
Keeping it Local
We work in partnership with local organizations in the countries we operate. These organizations are staffed with experts in water development, and they know the communities they serve better than anyone. Our partners help us determine the scope of the water need in a region, and we work closely with them to determine how many water projects will be needed in each area.
Thanks to these partnerships, we are able to lay out a sustainable, long-term plan for bringing clean, safe water to the communities we serve.
- A Glimmer of Hope
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church, Water Development Commission
- Mekane Yesus Central Gibe Synod
- Mekane Yesus South Central Ethiopia Synod
- Organization for the Rehabilitation and Development of Amhara
- Oromia Development Association
- Relief Society of Tigray
- International Lifeline Fund
- Partners for Community Transformation
formerly Mityana Uganda Charity
- KINAPPA Development Programme
- St. Paul Partners